VETERANS FINANICAL AID
Financial Assistance is provided for basic living needs. It is to provide Temporary financial assistance to those who will make a conscientious effort to find a permanent solution to their financial problems.
Clients must be residents of Lawrence County, Ohio for no less than 90 days and the assistance is only primarily for basic living needs.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• Propane (Heat)
VERIFICATION OF ALL HOUSEHOLD INCOME
• Proof of dependency- Marriage certificate and birth certificates of minor children.
• If working - Income statement, check stubs for the last 30 days.
• Proof of length and character of service- DD214 or discharge. Must be discharged under
Honorable conditions and served on active duty for other than training purposes
• If unemployed - You must be registered with Ohio Job & Family Services and proof that you are
• If disabled - You must have disability statement from doctor, or Social Security.
• If retired- Social Security and /or pension statements.
•Proof of basic monthly living expenses.
• Payment requests - bills to be submitted, rent (bring rental contract), mortgage, etc.
I UNDERSTAND THAT FALSE STATEMENTS MADE ON THIS APPLICATION MAY LEAD TO PROSECUTION